Tuesday, January 17, 2006

inconsolable 2

all the silver in the kitchen would someday be Carol's and if my mother wanted it more than everything, if she picked the first star in the sky every night of her life and wished, she still could not have it, ever.
p.128 my copy Anywhere but Here

that is not what I meant, at all.
(she still could not have it, ever.)

and if I went to the gym everyday, and I ran and I swam, and I ate no sweets, I still would not have another body. I'd still have this body, this deformity.

Frog Hospital on Page 32: ... for the love that as children they had desired so, sought so, distorted themselves so to get but never got. I once rode eighty blocks with a cabbie who kept saying over and over, "And he never hugged me, and he never kissed me," until by Eighth Street he was weeping and I had to get out. It was unbearable.
on Page 130: ...It is unacceptable, all the stunned and anzious missing a person is asked to endure in life. It is not to be endured, not really.