Friday, July 15, 2005

The Bathing of Mary Cassatt

at the sink alone in the squall
love and-
you say so and it's so easy, honey,
so slow like honey, are you seducing me?

the woman with the cloth around her waist
came in blue, she was without other colors
you are a such a pretty color
is such an easy thing to say, honey,
a walk in the blue with her and try to sing it.

melt like beeswax, standing at the sink-
there are jars here, there are vessels,
you do not have to be so uncontained
you can walk around in circles in the bathroom,
I still wouldn't know why you say so
and you still wouldn't tell me, honey, will you?

honey, honey, I feel so blue,
will you treat me like water on your hands?
open the cabinet, is there anything breakable?
this cloth has stripes, you stripe me blue and blue
the woman will turn against me, run like the faucet,
when will you be here against me?
honey, this is like misery.

in the squall
love and-
you say so and it's so easy, honey,
are you seducing me, I can see so blue.