Friday, October 05, 2007

Would you

youtube - Tanya tucker would you lay with me


ggl - would you lay with me in a field of stone -

Would you lay with me, in a field of stone?
If my needs were strong, would you lay with me?


Will you still love me, when I'm down and out?
In my time of trial, will you stand by me?


Would you lay with me, In a field of stone?
Should my lips grow dry, would you wet them, dear?

Will you bathe me, in the stream of life?
Would you still love me, when I'm down and out?

Would you lay with me, in a field of stone?
Should my lips grow dry, would you wet them, dear?

Tanya Tucker singing, written by David Allen Coe.



If I needed you would you come to me? would you come to me, and ease my pain? If you needed me, I would come to you. I would come to you, for to ease your pain.

also TVZ though I knew it as Lyle Lovett first. and this, again, TVZ:

If I had no place to fall - and I needed to -- Could I count on you? - to lay me down?
posted by m @ 1:57 PM

and would you lay with me in a field of stone is like this - Bonnie Prince Billy - Three Questions:
Say I found a piece of rock And put it in my pocket For the day that we are wed I put it in a locket Which is to hang around your neck As long as you see fit Well tell me o my love Do you think that you would wear it?
And on a day that threatens That the earth might open up When the birds have stopped their singing And the insects have shut up And all that's left between us Is somehow ... Oh would you split it with me, baby So that I wouldn't die?
And after all these things, There's a question that i must ask When everyone has called me (out And said I am the worst And asked for voices on my side My love, would you sing first? Would you say, "He's ok, He's better then the rest? He's innocent in god's eyes And in mine he is the best"?