Friday, August 18, 2006

if I

had your love forever, - - sail into the light of day

heard her sing in tongues of silver
I heard her cry on a summer storm

I loved her, but she did not know it
so I don't think about her anymore
Now she's gone, and I can't believe it
so I don't think about her anymore


If I had a buckskin stallion I'd tame him down and ride away.
and if I had a boat I'd go out on the ocean and if I had a pony I'd ride him on my boat and we could all together go out on the ocean say me up on my pony on my boat
If I had a flyin' schooner I'd sail into the light of day
If I had your love foreversail into the light of day

Pretty songs and pretty places
places that I've never seen
pretty songs and pretty faces
tell me what their laughter means


Townes Van Zandt -Buckskin Stallion Blues ...